Never by the rules

That's me, in a nutshell.  I can't ever do anything by the rules, or the instructions.  Well, most of the time. Take our current project, for instance; the Cozy Hygge Throw pattern from Oombawka Design.  It took me about 10 minutes to realize that this pattern is a simple and constant repeat of rows of 3DC clusters.   (For those of you who don't crochet, thats 3 double crochet in one space).  Once I had that figured out, and had done the base chain row, I realized that there was no way this throw was going to be big enough for me to be comfy under.

I need BIG throws and over-sized blankets to be happy and comfy.  Since our theme this year is happy, comfy, and cozy,  I ran with that and doubled the size of the pattern.  Now,  keep in mind that I didn't even purchase all the supplies for the instructed size yet.... and consider what the end result of this little maneuver might be.....hahaha.

Yep.  You guessed it.  I got 14 rows out of one Caron Cake.  I'm on the second cake now, and anticipating that I will need at least 10 more cakes,  maybe 12,  for this to be the size I want it to be.  I stuck to the stitch pattern because its a simple repetition that's easy to work up.  This means I can work on it almost blindly while vegging out in front of Disney Plus.

Since I've gone ahead a needlessly complicated a simple, basic throw that should have been done in a month,  I think I will have to stretch that one out a bit.  So,  I'll  toss a few other smaller projects in between updates on the throw.  Cool, huh?  1 big project,  a bunch of little projects,  an ever changing plan that still results in epic coziness and comfort when we're through.  I hope.

I'm really glad you're brave enough to stick this out with me.  This is really my first year long project, and I'm hoping that when we're through,  we both have a cozy living room that invites everyone we know to stay and cuddle up with books or games and coffee and just "BE".

Yeah.. that's my end goal.  A room that begs me to BE.... how 'bout yours?  What's your goal with this journey?  New stitches?  New concepts?  New yarns?  Drop me a line with suggestions if you have them, I'm always open to hearing from my readers.  You never know... your suggestion just might be the next project I add in to the year.

Since the simple throw has mushroomed into a not so throw sized throw,  I'm going to add in a really luscious hat that I found yesterday, in my Facebook feed.  .  The pattern I found is from an amazing crochet blog called Crystalized Designs, and it's her free pattern for the Amora Slouch Hat, using Lion Brand's Scarfie yarn.  I love Scarfie yarn because it's almost a worsted weight but doesn't feel as heavy. The color combinations are phenomenal, even just to look at.  To see them worked up amazes me every time.  Since I have 4 balls of Cranberry, that's what I'm going to be using to whip up this hat today.  Here's the link if you want to check it out for yourself and follow along.  https://www.crystalized-designs.com/blog/amora-slouch-hat-a-free-crochet-pattern/

Of course, photos during and after will appear in the next blog!  See you soon!

Comments

Popular Posts