One Down.... Nope!

Well,  the plan was to have the January blanket finished by the end of January.  Sadly,  that did not happen.  I ran out of the Caron Cakes,  which I fully expected to happen after I completely went off the map with the pattern.  So now we're in totally uncharted territory, making it up as we go along on the January blanket.  This is not unusual!  Happens here ALL THE TIME!  Adjustments have been made, both to pattern and expectations.  More yarn has been purchased.  A plan is in place.  Sort of.  I'll keep working on it, in between the other projects. 

The January Blanket has actually gotten big enough so far that I now need  a basket to support it while I work and keep it off the floor.  That being said, I did actually end up frogging back (ripping out)  2 rows of the blanket to have an even 40 rows in the Caron Cakes yarn.  All the way back to that red hair tie, marking my place. 



Then, I went shopping!  I thought maybe this was a good place to start working with my solid color.  After several chats on the topic with others, we settled on an ivory shade in the cake that has a warm, rose undertone to it.  TO MICHAELS!!  Where,  we discovered,  once cannot purchase a solid cake to match their multi colored cakes.  To the staff's knowledge, Caron Yarns doesn't even offer them!  From a crafter's standpoint, that was not good news.  We spent a good half hour attempting to match the yarn, and this is what we came up with.

These 2 balls are enormous, and they were on sale , so of course I bought 2.  Who doesn't need more Ivory yarn, right?  The color is close , but not exactly.  I'm making good progress.

New projects!  Yay!  (see?  this is why it's not done!)  February's project is supposed to be easier.  A simple pillow to go along with the blanket.  Guess what?  I can't make up my mind what yarn to use!  I really really want to use the Bernat Velvet... it's just so soft!  I find myself cuddling it to my face every time I go to Michael's!  And it's HALF OFF THIS MONTH!  ( you know i'm going back for it, right?  I gotta have some.)

Here's the pattern link for the pillow.  I promise, I'm going to actually stick to the pattern this time!  I know it doesn't happen often, but I want to prove to myself that it can be done!  I'm even going to use the yarn it calls for.  (IKR?  unheard of in this house!) So, without further ado...I give you... the pillow pattern:  https://www.caabcrochet.com/crochet-pillow-pattern-cascades/?fbclid=IwAR2-6Qf43kvfcmg1aY8HVNtjbpvWh699nMf7xyfQ1tat00Lj5zrXC_5tCbg    Here's the yarn , from Lion Brand Yarns.   Super thick and soft!  Once this is done,  the two items will look amazing on my sofa.  It just so happens that my sofa is this year's yarn color of the year, too!  This year's color of the year is succulent, a soft,  grayed out shade of green that is going to look amazing against these neutrals.  (http://www.lionbrand.com/blog/2020-yarn-color-of-the-year-succulent/)



In addition, I took an order for the cutest little scarf.  You remember the Nyan cat? This is that cat,  barfing rainbows.  ( i know, i know!, but...these orders are what keep the yarn and patterns moving through the shop so I can make fun and beautiful things for you!) The pattern is available on Ravelry and is going to be a lot of fun to make!

 https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rainbow-barf-cat-plush-scarf


Ok, this is me, getting back to work.  Someone in my house just reminded me that I owe them a puffin, and an island, and fish, and pancakes......See you next week!


Comments

Popular Posts